Trump Indicted!

blueline

EOG Master
But the anecdote, paired with other recent controversies involving her, left many Republicans scratching their heads, with some suggesting she had tanked her prospects of serving as former President Trump’s 2024 running mate.

“She’s DOA,” one Trump ally said of Noem’s vice presidential prospects.

“She’s basically taken herself out of the running to be VP,” one Republican strategist told The Hill.

“There’s so many things wrong with that story on so many levels,” the strategist added about the dog story in particular
, adding they were confounded by the fact Noem had months to write, edit and publish the book and still left the story of shooting the dog in the final draft.

But Noem’s vice presidential chances, where she was seen as a potential running mate who could solidify Trump’s support with the evangelical base and assuage concerns about his age and treatment of women, have certainly taken a hit.

“Her ability to garner votes was somewhat limited to begin with, and I don’t think this will help much,” Card said.
these freaks just cant help themselves:

First came Noem’s disclosure about shooting and killing her 14-month-old wirehair pointer, Cricket, for misbehaving. Then, just as the dog-killing news cycle was cresting, the Dakota Scout reported on an anecdote in “No Going Back” that on its face is highly improbable: Noem’s claim that she met with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un while serving as a back-bencher in Congress.

“Through my tenure on the House Armed Services Committee,” Noem wrote, “I had the chance to travel to many countries to meet with world leaders. I remember when I met with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un. I’m sure he underestimated me, having no clue about my experience staring down little tyrants (I’d been a children’s pastor, after all).”
In fact, the only part of this that checks out is Kim “having no clue about” Noem — because they never met.
Noem’s spokesperson, Ian Fury, seemed to concede that the Kim story was false Thursday night: “We’ve been made aware that the publisher will be addressing conflated world leaders’ names in the book before it is released.”