2024 MLB in-season thread

MrTop

EOG Master
Arreaz is having a slow start for him - imagine batting .300 and being disrespected? he'll end up batting .325-335. I have no idea who these clowns are that got traded for him but Arraez has won 2 batting titles and will prob end up with 4-5.

not a good fielder comparing him to other 2nd basemen. As far hitting...best singles hitter in the last 20-25 yrs to come up.

Valuist

EOG Master
Like Texas minus 1.5 runs tonight. Usually AL teams at a disadvantage going into Coors. Not sure if thats the case here. Jon Gray makes his return to Denver, and he has several decent seasons there, so he won't be intimidated. And Corey Seager? He used to make 3 trips a year to Denver. He's licking his chops waiting to get into the batters box.

Valuist

EOG Master
He didn't live up to the hype. Sure 7 strikeouts in 4 innings and 101 velocity. But his command didn't look good. 2 walks, a hit batter and several other 3 ball counts. Toss in the 6 hits given up and that's 9 baserunners in 4 innings. That won't cut it.

MrTop

EOG Master
with this skenes pitcher. I wonder why they moved him to the majors before june 1. In the past they moved players later to keep players on the team longer.

Valuist

EOG Master
where do you find bat speed at ,what website ?

Baseball Savant now tracking it:

Heim

EOG Master
The Angels have gone 6-16 since hitting the .500 mark. That current lineup might be the worst in baseball. Thank goodness Pillar turned out to be a decent pickup.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
My concern is the division is pretty weak. I wouldn’t have bet this if I thought the top three teams took a step back for various reasons.

I thought Texass/Asstros/Mariners would take the T2 spots and Angels would fade in mid-season........like they always do

Trot missing a significant part of the season helps my cause

Valuist

EOG Master
He didn't live up to the hype. Sure 7 strikeouts in 4 innings and 101 velocity. But his command didn't look good. 2 walks, a hit batter and several other 3 ball counts. Toss in the 6 hits given up and that's 9 baserunners in 4 innings. That won't cut it.

He lived up to it today. 9 baserunners in 4 innings last week, no hit 1 walk in 6 innings so far.