Will the Yankees catch Boston for the division?

munson15

I want winners...
Re: Will the Yankees catch Boston for the division?

Not a doubt in my mind, almost a guarantee. (sure to rile up the opposition at EOG)

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Boston's pitchers hit a wall last year because they threw so hard in the first half of the season. God help them if Beckett falters or something happens to him. Its really up to Tampa Bay. If they can improve as a baseball team and play some competitive baseball in the 2nd half, the Yanks have a slim shot. If tampa rolls over and lets boston own them, than i think thats going to be the difference.

Yanks have some shot, not a very good one just because the Boston schedule is loaded with Tampa.

The Devil

EOG Master

I wish I could answer this but my keyboard is broken.

sl55

EOG Veteran

Not a doubt in my mind, almost a guarantee. (sure to rile up the opposition at EOG)

Hey munson,is that a Joe Namath like guarentee?I hope so!:houra :houra :+sports2- :+sports2-

sl55

EOG Veteran

Boston's pitchers hit a wall last year because they threw so hard in the first half of the season. God help them if Beckett falters or something happens to him. Its really up to Tampa Bay. If they can improve as a baseball team and play some competitive baseball in the 2nd half, the Yanks have a slim shot. If tampa rolls over and lets boston own them, than i think thats going to be the difference.

Yanks have some shot, not a very good one just because the Boston schedule is loaded with Tampa.

GOT TO HAVE CONFIDENCE KID:houra WE GOT THIS FAR,AIN'T NO STOPPIN THE YANKEE TRAIN NOW:party

Here is the deal yankee fans!! This is a new and improved RED SOX NATION. We have a great owner NOW! who's goal in life is to keep up with not only the Yankees, but Championships in general. They spend money and have the smartest group of YOUNG exes in the business.

What that means to me is that we will be in the hunt for many years to come. Our farm system is terrific, our pitching is second to none and we have a bunch of young stars from the system playing at the major league level.

Our future is very BRIGHT this year and on down the road!

DO I THINK THE YANKEES WILL CATCH THE SOX?? NO!!

I think the RED SOX will win the WORLD SERIES!! They have the best pitching and the right hitting to go all the way!!

I WOULD LOVE TO WIN THE DIVISION IN 2007.

BUT!!!! Divisions don't mean shit in this ''WILD CARD"" day and age!! If I were a Yankee fan I would give up the last 7 division for one of the last 7 WS.

MAKING THE PLAYOFFS IS WHAT COUNTS!! THAT IS ALL I CARE ABOUT!! I KNOW OUR PITCHING WILL BE ON POINT WHEN WE GET THERE!!! MAY'N!!

And thank you god, that the trade Pineiro, but why do they get Gagne.
Look at his ERA now :p

THREE THINGS FOR THE FLAMIGO KID!!

1. The YANKEES play the D-RAY the same amount of times as the RED SOX. Just because you guys shit the bed early isn't our fault!!

2. The SOX pitching didn't hit the wall in 2006. The team had a string of injuries that at one point had 8 starters 2 relievers and 1 sp on the shelf. Lucky for the Yankees!! WHO with the best comp outta the way couldn't win the AL. [pitching ring a bell]

3. That gay ass avatar of A-ROD was meant for gay men and the ladies!! I wonder how long it took to get all that make-up on and how many takes before they got just the right lighting!!:+textinb3 :+textinb3 AND THOSE PURPLE LIPS!!

:cheers I LOVE YOU GUYS!! THIS IS FUN!!:cheers

sl55

EOG Veteran

Here is the deal yankee fans!! This is a new and improved RED SOX NATION. We have a great owner NOW! who's goal in life is to keep up with not only the Yankees, but Championships in general. They spend money and have the smartest group of YOUNG exes in the business.

What that means to me is that we will be in the hunt for many years to come. Our farm system is terrific, our pitching is second to none and we have a bunch of young stars from the system playing at the major league level.

Our future is very BRIGHT this year and on down the road!

DO I THINK THE YANKEES WILL CATCH THE SOX?? NO!!

I think the RED SOX will win the WORLD SERIES!! They have the best pitching and the right hitting to go all the way!!

I WOULD LOVE TO WIN THE DIVISION IN 2007.

BUT!!!! Divisions don't mean shit in this ''WILD CARD"" day and age!! If I were a Yankee fan I would give up the last 7 division for one of the last 7 WS.

MAKING THE PLAYOFFS IS WHAT COUNTS!! THAT IS ALL I CARE ABOUT!! I KNOW OUR PITCHING WILL BE ON POINT WHEN WE GET THERE!!! MAY'N!!
:+signs15- :+signs15- AND MORE:+signs15- :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

And thank you god, that the trade Pineiro, but why do they get Gagne.
Look at his ERA now :p

BECAUSE THE YANKEES WANTED HIM AND HE IS BETTER THAN ANY YANKEE RELIEVE EXCEPT MO!! GIVE THE GUY SOME TIME TO ADJUST!! HE WILL BE FINE!!!
ONE GOOD THING IS HE FITS IN WELL WITH THE TEAM AND IT SOUNDS LIKE HE WANTS TO BE THERE NEXT SEASON AS WELL!!:cheers

SL55 you know what I am saying is true and it scares the SHIT outta YANKEES fans!!

I love it!!!

George ain't gonna be around forever!! and how many others will come in and lose money to own the Yankees?? I'm sure they'll find someone!!:finger004

I wish I could answer this but my keyboard is broken.

The OPPOSITE of what he says...

I have FINALLY found the best FADE on EOG and loaded up dearly that the Yankeees would catch the Mets in one of my prop bets, winning already!!!! :party

P.S.

Tony,

Do I have to remind you that there is a post on here where you predicted the YANKEES would NEVER get to within 5 games or less of the Red Sox this year???!!!

You & The Devil make a great team!!!

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

THREE THINGS FOR THE FLAMIGO KID!!

1. The YANKEES play the D-RAY the same amount of times as the RED SOX. Just because you guys shit the bed early isn't our fault!!

2. The SOX pitching didn't hit the wall in 2006. The team had a string of injuries that at one point had 8 starters 2 relievers and 1 sp on the shelf. Lucky for the Yankees!! WHO with the best comp outta the way couldn't win the AL. [pitching ring a bell]

3. That gay ass avatar of A-ROD was meant for gay men and the ladies!! I wonder how long it took to get all that make-up on and how many takes before they got just the right lighting!!:+textinb3 :+textinb3 AND THOSE PURPLE LIPS!!

:cheers I LOVE YOU GUYS!! THIS IS FUN!!:cheers

Haha, great post TM!

I'm glad you told me the Yanks play the Rays an equal amount, that warmes the cockles of my heart!

As far as gay men loving A Rod and my avatar, i'm glad you are enjoying it! Maybe your Gaydar picked up the purple lips, i hadn't noticed it until you mentioned it. :LMAO

Lastly, aren't injuries part of hitting the wall? Injuries happen when you overextend yourself, like Boston did. I get so excited when i see Papelbon come in the game and get his angry face and throw the ball thru the cement on the back wall. I get excited when he throws the ball so hard paint fumes come off the ball. That makes me all fuzzy inside thinking about how he burned out last year. His ERA is higher this year than it was last year i believe, so hopefully they're starting to figure him out a bit.

Here's what I think!! the Yankees have been on a tear and it has been very impressive so far!!

But I look for them to go back to normal in the coming months. It's hard to keep up that pace and they aren't the youngest team around. The injury bug is always just around the corner for old pitchers!!

I also look for the SOX to have a run of their own in the near future and hopefully that will seal the deal!! We'll have to wait and see!!

If the Yankees continue this run they deserve whatever they earn. :cheers

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Here's what I think!! the Yankees have been on a tear and it has been very impressive so far!!

But I look for them to go back to normal in the coming months. It's hard to keep up that pace and they aren't the youngest team around. The injury bug is always just around the corner for old pitchers!!

I also look for the SOX to have a run of their own in the near future and hopefully that will seal the deal!! We'll have to wait and see!!

yeah, its gonna be fun!

Time will tell!:dancefool

One of your classier posts...

This truly shows me the difference between the Devil (who is a complete buffoon) and you (sometimes in denial but a great guy )....:houra

sl55

EOG Veteran

SL55 you know what I am saying is true and it scares the SHIT outta YANKEES fans!!

I love it!!!

George ain't gonna be around forever!! and how many others will come in and lose money to own the Yankees?? I'm sure they'll find someone!!:finger004

JIBBERISH ON ALL COUNTS! I REALLY THINK YOU AND THE DEVIL ARE OK,SO I HOPE I DON'T READ ABOUT A DOUBLE:hung :hung WHEN THE SEASON IS OVER:LMAO :+waving-5

roseman

EOG Dedicated

Time for the Red Sox to play the little sisters of the poor and for the Yankees to finally play some real teams.

The Devil

EOG Master

I wish I could type some responses as my keyboard is broken. Will have to get a new one today.

Kid you know that is a gay photo!!
I also love to see pap kicking ass!!
You said the pitching hit the wall!! i disagree!! the position players hit a wall which made the pitching look bad!!
besides this is not the 2006 RED SOX!!

sl55 i don't care for the mets either!! i don't like the jets,giants,islander,rangers,knicks,nets,devils,bills!! hell i don't even like the ny soccer team or any minor league organizations.

don't worry about me!!!:LMAO

sept and oct are the best fishing season for me!! i'll be under a bridge!! hope devil doesn't fall in my boat!!! hehehehehehehe!!:+textinb3

i hate to say this!!! but ""let's go mets"" me and devil have to stick together!!:houra

I know it TM
But remember that Gagne is a closer, remember when he saved 55 games for LAD before injury?
In texas he was also a closer.
We got a all star closer Papelbon, sometimes Okajima saved a game.

But Gagne as RP hm, now only his ERA coming higher :doh1

munson15

I want winners...

Hey munson,is that a Joe Namath like guarentee?I hope so!:houra :houra :+sports2- :+sports2-
Yeah, take it to the bank! :cheers

Tony makes a good point, though. In the watered-down, "Seligization" of baseball, 2nd place teams like the red sox have the same shot at the WS as teams that excel to the point of winning 10 division titles in a row. That is a big reason Atlanta only won once, everyone is invited to the party on October and it's easier for slackers to win it all!:+textinb3

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

NO

yankees are close but now that they are done playing Little League teams and have to actually play GOOD teams - while the opposite is true of the Sawx - this lead will only get wider as we go along

next question

DrunkHorseplayer

EOG Addicted

Other than a few good years Gagne has done nothing; the Red Sox traded for 2003 Gagne and they got 2007 Gagne. The only question is whether or not the Red Sox will hang on and save the wild card berth.

Red Soxs might not even win the wildcard they way they have been playing

idiotspayforpick

EOG Dedicated

I will be more than happy to take any bets on this. No way in hell the yanks win that division. If you want a piece of the action I will give you 1.5 to 1 odds, minimum bet is 5000.00. If you want in get my email from dirty. We can set up a cash delivery system with the shrink so he can hold the money.

idiotspayforpick

EOG Dedicated

ah fuck...forgot the you know who are here. I restate I do not gamble anymore. But anyone can still email me and we can do it for match sticks (wink wink).

roseman

EOG Dedicated

No way they catch the sox and I hope someone donates their matchsticks to idiots.

Yeah, take it to the bank! :cheers

Tony makes a good point, though. In the watered-down, "Seligization" of baseball, 2nd place teams like the red sox have the same shot at the WS as teams that excel to the point of winning 10 division titles in a row. That is a big reason Atlanta only won once, everyone is invited to the party on October and it's easier for slackers to win it all!:+textinb3

munson it escapes me!!
who did the RED SOX spank 4 games in a row to get to the world series?? that they won in 4 games straight!! LOL!!:houra

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

munson it escapes me!!
who did the RED SOX spank 4 games in a row to get to the world series?? that they won in 4 games straight!! LOL!!:houra

The team that dominated the first three games and got so bored and complacent, that they fell asleep at the wheel. Great strategy by Boston to be uncompetitive and lull NYY to sleep, which they did a brilliant job of.