2023 MLB

kane

EOG master
And now Arraez turns his ankle and is out tonight.
He's been dealing with something lower body related, but never talks about it, I guess now we know what it is, realistically if he misses a couple of games we still have a shot, anything more than that and we're done

kane

EOG master
He should ride off into the sunset after that performance.
Agree, he should skip his next couple of starts and let last night be his final game, even though I'm a Reds fan who has no love for the Cardinals, I have a tremendous amount of respect for their organization, so I was happy to wee Waino get 200, good for him, this season couldn't have been much fun for him, going out there and getting crushed every outing, so it was pretty cool to see the throw back from him last night

Valuist

EOG Master
ATL Morton again pitching batting practice in a day game.....

He's pitching at night today, but I don't trust him on the road. Career solid 3.44 ERA at home, 4.60 on the road. Fangraphs doesn't have a breakdown of day/night splits, but just going on win/loss record since start of 2021: day: 6-12 night 31-12.

He had a solid start in Washington in his last start there 2 years ago, but his previous start in Washington? All the way back to 2015. How did it go? 2/3 of an inning and NINE earned runs.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Add your Twinkies to the mix…those pussies have lost 18 straight playoff games with a chance this year to extend the streak…
Our big break this year was when Buxton went down, he's terrible and we're far better without his 3-4 strikeouts/game. I think we'll win a game this playoffs.

Valuist

EOG Master
Buxton under 31 1/2 HRs was like stealing money. He's never had a 30 HR season.

As for Charlie Morton, the Braves have some issues. Morton left his start last night after the first inning and will have an MRI on his index finger of his pitching hand. Max Fried just went to the IL the other day, and Elder has had a nearly 5 ERA since the All-Star break.

kane

EOG master
Arraez just came out of the game limping badly, don't know his status going forward. When it's all said and done, me and Val made a great bet, great bets don't always win, it took a historic season by Acuna to beat us, and even with his amazing season, if Arraez had the same amount of AB's, he'd have won easily

mr merlin

EOG Master
Arraez just came out of the game limping badly, don't know his status going forward. When it's all said and done, me and Val made a great bet, great bets don't always win, it took a historic season by Acuna to beat us, and even with his amazing season, if Arraez had the same amount of AB's, he'd have won easily
Another batting title, he may have 5-6-7 by the time he's done.

Heim

EOG Master
If the Phillies are willing to deal their top pitching prospect Abel along with Castellanos for Trout, why not?

Heim

EOG Master
Zero chance

I think he's worth a big time pitching prospect and a front-line player. albeit, Castellano's metrics aren't that impressive despite being a AS.

The biggest problem is Trout has 7 years left on that contract and I don't think many teams want to assume it with his recent injury issues.

lap18

EOG Dedicated
Agree, he should skip his next couple of starts and let last night be his final game, even though I'm a Reds fan who has no love for the Cardinals, I have a tremendous amount of respect for their organization, so I was happy to wee Waino get 200, good for him, this season couldn't have been much fun for him, going out there and getting crushed every outing, so it was pretty cool to see the throw back from him last night
You thought Wainright washed up a long time ago... maybe 5-6 years ago

Heim

EOG Master
Great American ballpark known as a hitters park, specifically home runs, yet Reds have hit 31 more on the road. So much for Park Effect.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I think he's worth a big time pitching prospect and a front-line player. albeit, Castellano's metrics aren't that impressive despite being a AS.

The biggest problem is Trout has 7 years left on that contract and I don't think many teams want to assume it with his recent injury issues.

I’m all for Trout coming home to Philly, but the price might be too expensive…will see what happens this winter…

mr merlin

EOG Master
I’m all for Trout coming home to Philly, but the price might be too expensive…will see what happens this winter…
I know I called harper a pussy for missing games, trout puts him to shame , the problem with trout is he's missing half of every season with "fake" injuries. Since 2016(leaving out 2020 covid) he's missed over 340 games - 2 seasons of his career. Unacceptable.

1695820101859.png

Valuist

EOG Master
I know I called harper a pussy for missing games, trout puts him to shame , the problem with trout is he's missing half of every season with "fake" injuries. Since 2016(leaving out 2020 covid) he's missed over 340 games - 2 seasons of his career. Unacceptable.

View attachment 7469791

And one thing they both have in common: both have missed time due to injuries suffered due to head/hands first slides. When will they learn?